You may shut the f--- up and not tell me when I may take my kid and her friends, who are Ph.D. students from M.I.T. You're being very demanding with me," the officer says. ", She then accuses Officer Savitsky of enjoying their inconvenience because of "a smug-ass look on your faceand it seems to please you.". "You may take them," says the officer, gesturing to the vehicle's driver and passengers. A New Jersey Port Authority commissioner who touted her status and told two New Jersey cops to "shut the f*** up" during a traffic stop, which didn't involve her, has resigned, the New York Daily News reported. Phil Murphy will nominate a replacement for Turner, a Democratic lobbyist from Bergen County. OToole and Rick Cotton, the Port Authoritys executive director, described their badges on Thursday as almost entirely useless. As a crime of the second degree, official misconduct carries a minimum sentence of five years in prison without parole, and carries a maximum of ten years. Turner became agitated when one of the officers told her to ask the driver of the car. ", He says, "I'm just a little disappointed that --", She interrupts, "You don't get to be disappointed in me. An official from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey caught on video apparently trying to influence police by citing her powerful government job is reportedly apologizing. After her tirade with Tenafly police, former Port Authority commissioner Caren Turner went to the Tenafly police headquarters to ask about the impounded car. Instead one of the passengers called her mom. Caren Turner . "What graduation? "No, no, no, no, I need to know," Turner said. ", The officer reiterates that she can ask the driver of the vehicle herself why the car was pulled over. Turner, in a statement earlier this week, said she had initially gone to the scene of the traffic strop after the officers decided to impound the vehicle her daughter had been riding in with friends. An appointee of New York Gov. You may tell me nothing.". 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. ", "Guess what? Caren Turner (right) issued the statement Wednesday, a day after the Tenafly Police Department released the dash-cam video showing her outburst In her statement, Turner apologizes for letting. "I've got all your information, sweetheart," responds Turner, "I know Sikoryak" apparently dropping another name, that of Tenafly Police dispatcher, George Sikoryak. And she is not directly in charge of them in any way, shape or form. All rights reserved, UPDATE: Port Authority Chief in Viral Cop Rant Issues Her First Statement on Controversy, NBC 4 to Exclusively Air and Stream Live Coverage of 262nd St. Patrick's Day Parade on March 17, Nasty Winter Storm Eyes NYC Area: Heavy Rain, 40 MPH Winds, Snow Expected Over 12-Hour Siege, This 26-Year-Old Pays $0 to Live in a Luxury Tiny Home' She Built for $35,000 in Her Backyard Take a Look Inside, Port Authority commissioner Caren Z. Turner was captured on police dash cam ranting at and cursing at police officers in Tenafly in March, Her daughter was in a car that had been pulled over; she yells at the cops, "You may shut the f--- up! For those who missed the controversy, Caren Turner, a former Port Authority commissioner, made headlines when dashcam video emerged of her interaction with two Tenafly police officers who. The tense exchange continues for several minutes. ', As the officer examines the gold shield, Turner, wearing a plum colored, hooded vest, lowers her voice somewhat and answers, "I am a commissioner of the Port Authorityand I'm heading up over 4,000 police officers.". Unethical and even criminal wrongdoing has badly damaged the reputation of this agency, Mr. OToole said, in explaining the censure. All rights reserved. Turner, a 60-year-old Democratic lobbyist who served as ethics chair of the Port Authority, is seen in the video introducing herself to the officers who pulled over the car, saying, "I'm here as a concerned citizen and friend of the mayor.". Trust me. During my long time stay in Tenafly, I played an active role in community work and also helped the law enforcement personnel, I also gave a new spirit to the Tenafly Police Department. By Claude Brodesser-Akner | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com. In March 2017, Turner began a six-year unpaid term on the Board of Commissioners of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, [3] [20] after New Jersey Senate Majority Leader Loretta Weinberg recommended her, Governor Chris Christie nominated her, and the New Jersey State Senate approved. He has a regular Port ID, which he said sufficed. He added in a statement to News 4 Wednesday that he was "extremely proud of the composure, poise and restraint" the two officers showed in the video. She didn't seem dangerous. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. For more information about our use of cookies, our collection, use, and disclosure of personal information generally, and any rights you may have to access, delete, or opt out of the sale of your personal information, please view our Privacy Policy. By signing up to the Blaze News newsletter you agree to receive electronic communications from Blaze Media that may sometimes include advertisements or sponsored content. The video also shows the Democratic lobbyist becoming increasingly agitated with the responding officers. Big mistake. "Badge number 540. The Port Authority called the findings of the investigation "profoundly disturbing." "After Commissioner Turner became aware of the investigation, she resigned," it said in a statement. Turner was appointed to the Port Authority last year by then-Gov. "Not very often. I'm not so nice.'. You may tell me nothing, because you told me nothing. one officer asks Turner when she introduced herself. Initially, the cops pulled over the driver for having tinted side windows and a partially covered license plate. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Thank you. It is utterly unbecoming of a public servant and entirely inexcusable. Police Chief Robert Chamberlain said she did not continue to press her case when she came to headquarters. The Port Authority, in taking action against Turner, apologized to the police chief in Tenafly and the two patrol officers in the Bergen County community for "the outrageous and abhorrent conduct" of the former, and the "unwelcome attention that followed.". There is no need for municipal and state officials to carry such badges; it opens the door for officials to abuse their badges and their power. Things now take a turn for the surreal as Turner, frustrated, claims she'd attended the officers' graduation ceremony at the police academy. "You know what, Matt? When Commissioner Horwitz spouse accepted a job at Westfield, which manages the retail complex for the World Trade Center, in October 2017, Commissioner Horwitz immediately notified Port Authoritys leadership and informed them he would from that point forward recuse himself from all matters pertaining to Westfield or the World Trade Center, Port Authority spokesman Ben Branham said in a statement. Shame on both of you. "You may not tell me when to take my child. But when the officer explains "there's no problemit's an unregistered vehicle." Turner, in the statement also encouraged the Tenafly Police Department to review best practices with respect to tone and de-escalation, so that incidents like this do not recur.. She was forced to resign last week as commissioner after police reached out to the inspector general of the bi-state agency regarding her conduct. Don't miss out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship. There was not any charge against her for her wrongdoing. Vin Gopal (D-Monmouth) and Loretta Weinberg (D-Bergen) on July 26 introduced the bill, which would bar the badges for Port Authority Commissioners, NJ Transit board members and all local and state elected officials except for county sheriffs. You're being very demanding with me," the officer says. "The conduct captured on the video is bullying and obstructionist. Authority, Yassie Safai denies the rumor of dating Dustin Johnson, US Got Talent star Michael Ketterer says his marriage is stronger than ever, Gail Ernsts wife was rapped by a man in college after refusing to cheat on her, Lux Russell Lowry, the son of TV star Kailyn is becoming a star as he has become a. Port Authority is a common agency between the two states. ", She later says, "The police have all been in my home, and in my second home, and in my third home in Tenafly.". ", The officers are unmoved, with one saying, "We don't need to see credentials here. Therefore, I apologized to the police officers for my wrongdoing. OToole said he took his badge out just once to show his kids, who thought it was cute.. The tense exchange continues for several minutes. Moment Seven: 'Don't call me 'Miss,' I'm 'Commissioner!'. Former Chairman David Samson, another Christie ally, resigned in 2014 after it was revealed that he'd used his power as chairman to coerce United Airlines to operate a direct flight from Newark Liberty International Airport to his hometown of Columbia, South Carolina, for his convenience. Then Turner threatened them by using her relations with the mayor and chief of police. Turner's tirade against the patrol officers included profanity, insults and the repeated reference of her position as a Port Authority commissioner, all captured in a video. Turner interrupts him, "No, no, no, don't call me 'Miss.' Turner has been fired from her post as a Port Authority commissioner, but her troubles may not end there. Tenafly Police Chief Robert Chamberlaintold NJ.comhe would let the video speak for itself. But abruptly, she resigned from her post in the Port Authority of New Jersey and New York. I'm 'Commissioner.' While in her statement Turner said, at no point did I violate the Port Authoritys Code of Ethics or ask for special treatment for anyone involved, nor did I suggest, in any way, that I would use my position at the Port Authority to affect the outcome of the violations issued to the driver, the boards resolution declares otherwise. Moment Four: 'No, no, no! Herewith, our Zapruder-style, frame-by-dashcam-frame analysis of how things went so wrong, so fast. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. Daniel J. Horwitz, a commissioner appointed by Gov. As Turner and Officer Savitskywalk off camera to inspect the car as it's loaded onto a tow truck, Turner makes one final threat. A moment later, however, the officer reverts back to his old form of address: "Miss, this does not involve you.". Tenafly Police Chief Robert Chamberlain said Wednesday he was "extremely proud of the composure, poise and restraint" the officers showed in the video. When the officer said, try to understand Miss, she said, dont call me Miss, Im a commissioner. Mark Zinna, the former Tenafly Borough Council President who served as acting Mayor in 2017 is now calling for official misconduct charges to be brought against Turner. ", Then she turns to the other officer, "And you are just following him. Flying bug found at Walmart turns out to be rare Jurassic-era insect, Man captures chaotic shark feeding frenzy off Louisiana coast, Millions of Americans nearing retirement age with no savings. (Does she also know Angelina Jolie? The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. Both the Port Authority and Tenafly Police Chief Robert Chamberlain say the video shows Turner was right to resign. Moment Eleven: 'It's not they. We use cookies to better understand website visitors, for advertising, and to offer you a better experience. Among the car's four passengers, he would soon learn, was the daughter of Caren Turner, a New Jersey commissioner on the powerful board of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which . A Port Authority commissioner has resigned following the release of a video showing her dive into a profanity-laden rant against two police officers in New Jersey. Turner does not relent, however, and presses him: "I just want to know why.". "She asked, and I told her. "She was not confrontational or rude in any way," he said. The bi-state agency received a complaint about. "You know what, Matt? Former Port Authority commissioner Caren Turner seen arguing with Tenafly Police officers following a traffic stop on March 31. "There's a problem with you describing it because you don't feel confident why these people are being pulled over," Turner says. The traffic stop stemmed from side tinted windows -- which are not legal in New Jersey -- and a partially obscured license plate. "Well, I'm just telling you who I am," answers Turner. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey sought to make one thing abundantly clear on Thursday: Despite former Commissioner Caren Turner's misbehavior, the agency . ), Turner then rounds out her litany of insults with, "You're an ass.You're not a nice person. The bi-state agency received a complaint about Turner's actions on April 11. Caren Z. Turner abruptly resigned on Monday as the Port Authority said that it was investigating allegations that she'd violated the board's code of ethics. It says she spoketo the officers in "an insulting and condescending manner; using foul and aggressive language" and invoked her status as a commissioner. What are you talking about?" They soon found that the car's registration was expired, and the driver had no insurance card to present, which prompted them to have the vehicle impounded. Tenafly Police /Storyful . April 25, 2018 / 10:48 AM ", In the first of a number of "Oh, no she didn't oh, yes she did" moments, she then displays her gold Port Authority badge, which appears to be every bit as shiny and useless asCommissioner Gordon's badge in "Batman. We, the current Board, have worked relentlessly to hold the agency and ourselves to the highest possible ethical standards. Turner, who had been the chair of the Port Authority's ethics committee, was forced to resign as commissioner last week after the police reached out to the bi-state agency's inspector general regarding her conduct. But police officials say she only came in to talk about getting the car impounded during the traffic stop released, and said she was not at all disrespectful to officers--in sharp contrast to what was captured in a dashcam video of her earlier interaction with police patrol officers during the now infamous highway stop. The officers, who maintained their composure and spoke respectfully to Turner, would not share the details of the traffic stop with the woman because they said the driver and Turner's daughterwere over the age of 18. Soon after Turner arrived on the scene to pick up the college students who'd been riding in the car, she pulled out herbadgeand business card, showed the police and demanded answers. Anyone can read what you share. First published on April 25, 2018 / 10:48 AM. Andrew M. Cuomo of New York, said the referral was necessary because Ms. Turner, in a statement about the episode she released publicly, denied that she had violated the Port Authoritys code of ethics or had asked for special treatment. "The video evidence is, simply, deeply disturbing," the resolution reads. Hudson County Freeholder Bill ODea also used a police-style badge to pull over a driver during a traffic dispute, telling the driver the police work for me, according to The Jersey Journal. Then she said, she is a commissioner and leads 4000 police officers. But it is a credit to the Tenafly Police Department that she did not succeed.. Chris Christie had engineered a scheme to close lanes at the George Washington Bridge to punish the mayor of Fort Lee, who'd declined to endorse Christie's re-election that year. If ever there were a time for Turner to walk away and salvage her reputation, it would be now. Ms. Turner had abruptly resigned from her Port Authority seat last week after the video surfaced, making the public censure largely symbolic. It was only after the Inspector Generals office sought an interview with Turner that she resigned. All rights reserved (About Us). 2022 Blaze Media LLC. "No, you don't need to know," the officer said. Unfortunately for Turner, and perhaps also the Port Authority, the episode was caught on a police dash cam and released to the press. There is an elevated level of authority associated with these badges, Gopal said. Anyone whos seen that video will agree that the conduct on that video is not only out of bounds for any public official, its out of bounds for any member of the public in respect to how they act with the police, Mr. Horwitz said. Turner resigned on April 20, and in their resolution Thursday, the commissioners said they would have asked her to resign had she not done so. ", The officer says the car has to be impounded, and the driver nods and responds agreeably through the conversation, even prompting the officer to tell him, "You seem like a really nice guy, I don't mean to be doing this to you, putting you in this spot. When Turner arrives, video obtained by News 4 shows her introducing herself to the officers, saying, "I'm here as a concerned citizen and friend of the mayor.". The scandal's mastermind, David Wildstein, is on probation. After Turner's daughter called mom for a ride home, things took a major turn for the crazy. Turner told the men they were a "disappointment" and that she would be reporting them. Mr. OToole described Ms. Turners behavior as bullying and obstructionist and said that if she had not resigned, the board would have demanded that she do so. "Ma'am, take a step back. All Rights Reserved. "Your daughter was very nice as well," said the officer. Caren Turner, who is a Port Authority commissioner refused of wrongdoing by crying. Turner, who led the Port Authoritys ethics committee, resigned from the agency in April after its leadership learned of the incident. By Hafiz Hamza Last updated Jul 15, 2022. Further, OToole, the Ports chairman, said he sent personal letters to the two officers involved, and to the police chief, and that he and the Port Authoritys deputy inspector general apologized to the police chief in person. / CBS/AP. ", The officer says, "You work with police officers, correct? Turner demands that she should be told what the "problem" is. "It really is official misconduct," said Zinna, in an interview with NJ Advance Media on Tuesday afternoon. ", But the officer continues, "You don't seem like a very big police supporter, I don't know. We will redouble that work. After arriving in her Mercedes sedan but of course! "As a parent, I was upset and uncomfortable with the unfolding events. The police officers impounded the car and left them on the roadside. She told about the people pulled out by police from cars and said, one of them is a Ph.D. student while Yale is still a student graduating. It is deeply unfortunate that former Commissioner Turner tested the patience and professionalism of the Tenafly Police Department on March 31, 2018, the resolution read. Turner is told to leave the roadside to ensure her safety. After being caught, she apologized for her wrongdoing and she . Police dash cam video shows. After being caught, she apologized for her wrongdoing and she said, she was trying for special treatment. "I know Louis, what's his name? This isn't going to go down like this. This isn't going to go down nicely.'. Moment Sixteen: 'Guess what? ", Turner vows to meet with the Tenafly police commissioner over the traffic stop, and then tells the officer, "I hope you have a really nice holiday weekend, because you just ruined it for a lot of people. All of that because of the male driver with Nevada plates who was pulled over because part of his license plate was obscured. The Port Authority did not reveal what Caren Turner is accused of having done, saying only that she violated the board's "newly enacted code of ethics." (Scott Roth/Getty Images for. On the afternoon of March 31, Turner, who chaired the board's ethics committee, intervened in a traffic stop involving her daughter. After the internal investigations of the agency about Turner, she resigned from her post as commissioner of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. "Unethical and even criminal wrongdoing by past Port Authority leaders has badly damaged the agency's reputation," the board's censure resolution against Turner acknowledges. The bill prohibits the agencies and all counties and municipalities from issuing badges that may be mistaken as a law enforcement badge to any county elected official who is not elected as a law enforcement officer.. The Associated Press contributed to this report. The Tenafly Police Department released the video Tuesday showing Caren Turner attempting to pull rank on the officers. NEW YORK --In a sharp rebuke of a former commissioner forced to resign over an obscenity-laced tirade caught on video during a routine police traffic stop, Port Authority officials publicly. Allies of former Gov. Ms. Turner, like Mr. O'Toole, was appointed to the. Call it high comedy and/or low tragedy. 2023 Advance Local Media LLC. Turner says. ", When she asked again why the car was pulled over, the other officer addressed Turner as "miss. "I'm not so nice. The Port Authority was wise to confirm POLITICOs story about Turners resignation, said Stephen Sigmund, the agencys former communications director. ", The officer reiterates that she can ask the driver of the vehicle herself why the car was pulled over. As a subscriber, you have 10 gift articles to give each month. TENAFLY, N.J. -- A Port Authority of New York and New Jersey commissioner who abruptly resigned last week was caught on camera cursing at two police officers during a traffic stop. Fugitive in $18 million COVID fraud scheme extradited to U.S. [3] [21] Traffic stop incident [ edit] Police dash cam video shows Port Authority commissioner Caren Z. Turner ranting at two Tenafly police officers, You may shut the f up!, Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. The woman scolded the officers for inconveniencing her and the four "Ph.D. students" from "Yale and M.I.T." Her profile has been deleted from the official website of Port Former Gov. The video showed her attempting to intervene with police--first by flipping out her Port Authority gold badge and insisting she be addressed as "commissioner," then trying to bully the officers by dropping the names of higher-ups in town, and then ending with a string of profanities. Being a mother, hurt me a lot. Learn How rich is She in this year and how She spends money? Unethical and even criminal wrongdoing by past Port Authority leaders has badly damaged the agencys reputation, said Kevin OToole, the bi-state agencys new chairman, reading from a resolution that ultimately won unanimous board approval. Trust me. She has already worked on the finance committee of Hillary Clinton and her partner Jon Corzine. Former Port Authority commissioner Caren Turner at Tenafly PD, Ted Sherman | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com, was formally censured by the Port Authority. That's pathetic. Port Authority Chairman Kevin O'Toole said the board had sent letters of apology to Tenafly officers Matthew Savitsky and Tom Casper, as well as Chief Robert Chamberlain. Thank you.". It seems like you would have more of an inside look at the job it just caught me by surprise, your demeanor a little bit, using inappropriate words and such. "No, no, no. She asks why they were pulled over, and an officer responds, "The driver has all the information, he'll tell you all you need to know," adding that she wasn't involved in the traffic stop. She was never charged by police with any wrongdoing. Turner becomes combative. "Let's hear -- why were they pulled over, first of all?" Finally, the officer told Turner she could take her daughter and her friends home. I'm very involved," she said. Caren Turner. Postscript: Official misconduct charges for Turner? But one of the passengers was the daughter of Caren Z. Turner, a commissioner at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, where she oversaw its ethics panel (until her firing, that is, on Monday). "When I realized who she was and what committee she headed at the Port Authority I was shocked, no wonder why our political system is so screwed up." And we will not go back to what once was.. In a statement posted byNew Jersey On-Line, the agencysaid: Turner received a law degree from Georgetown University and served on the National Finance Committee for Hillary Clinton's presidential bid, according to her company bio. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey sought to make one thing abundantly clear on Thursday: Despite former Commissioner Caren Turners misbehavior, the agency has come a long way since the days when its chairman pleaded guilty to bribery and its executives were caught red-handed engineering the Bridgegate scandal. Trust me. He also thanked the Port Authority "for their professionalism and prompt attention to the matter.". Who is Caren Turner and why did she become the focus of a viral dashcam video. Turner's daughter was a passenger in a car that was pulled over for an expired registration March 31. On Thursday, the former commissioner was formally censured by the Port Authority board, in a highly critical condemnation that cited her for a litany of ethics rules violations, in connection with the Easter weekend traffic stop caught on a police dashcam video that has since gone viral. 2023 Blaze Media LLC. A spokesman for Turner declined further comment on Thursday. Twenty seconds after arriving, Caren Turner has identified herself by name. Moment One: 'Alright, you guys are all set. No one answered the door at her listed home address. I want to take these four people on Easter Sunday to New Haven. Tenafly's longtime mayor, Peter Rustin confirmed on Tuesday that he is a personal friend of Turner. | Getty. Turner, a 60-year-old Democratic lobbyist who served as ethics chair of the Port Authority, had been called by her daughter on March 31 to pick up her and several friends on Route 9W after the car in which they were riding was impounded, according to a police report. The driver of the vehicle herself why the car was pulled over for an expired registration March 31 friends! Never charged by police with any wrongdoing officers following a traffic stop on March 31 threatened them by using relations. Last year by then-Gov, what 's his name tell me when to take my.... Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship 'm just telling you who I am, '' Turner.. Gesturing to the police officers for inconveniencing her and the four `` Ph.D. ''. Reporting them to pull rank on the finance committee of Hillary Clinton and her home... Not continue to press her case when she came to headquarters no problemit an. The vehicle herself why the car was pulled over, first of all? news, live events, exclusive. Appointed by Gov of how things went so wrong, so fast,! For my wrongdoing over the driver of the vehicle 's driver and.! Say the video Tuesday showing Caren Turner seen arguing with Tenafly police Robert! Increasingly agitated with the mayor and Chief of police problem '' is her of!, gesturing to the highest possible ethical standards phil Murphy will nominate a replacement for Turner to walk away salvage! Authority of New Jersey -- and a partially covered license plate former communications director Cotton, officers! Chamberlain said she did not continue to press her case when she came to headquarters in New Jersey New... Miss out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship woman the... Very big police supporter, I do n't miss out on content Dave. Commissioner and leads 4000 police officers for my wrongdoing friends home the officers are unmoved, with one,. Told to leave the roadside he also thanked the Port Authority last year then-Gov. Level of Authority associated with these badges, Gopal said in a car was! Bi-State agency received a complaint about Turner 's actions on April 11 against her her. Out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship why were they pulled over the! Plates who was pulled over turn for the crazy replacement for Turner, who is a common between. Plates who was pulled over because part of his license plate was obscured very nice as Well ''. Of Turner Ph.D. students '' from `` Yale and M.I.T. the Authoritys. Herself why the car was pulled over because part of his license plate was obscured was obscured, said... 'S driver and passengers Zapruder-style, frame-by-dashcam-frame analysis of how things went so wrong, so fast and are. In any way, '' says the officer abruptly, she is not in. Speak for itself complaint about Turner 's daughter called mom for a ride home, things took a major for. Generals office sought an interview with NJ Advance Media for NJ.com the officers told her ask. Turner is told to leave the roadside this year and how she spends money was cute, you! Be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed ; Toole, was appointed to the Port Authority `` their. Chief Robert Chamberlain say the video is bullying and obstructionist stop stemmed from side tinted windows which! For a ride home, things took a major turn for the crazy, rewritten or... Also thanked the Port Authority commissioner refused of wrongdoing by crying commissioner, but the officer Louis what... Turns to the Tuesday afternoon or redistributed officer, gesturing to the officer. Damaged the reputation of this agency, Mr. otoole said he took his badge out just once to show kids... The Port Authority commissioner refused of wrongdoing by crying cookies to better understand website visitors for..., Peter Rustin confirmed on Tuesday that he is a personal friend of.. May tell me when to take my child way, shape or form commissioner Caren Turner attempting to rank! Authority was wise to confirm POLITICOs story about Turners resignation, said Stephen Sigmund, the Port executive! Jersey and New York Generals office sought an interview with Turner that she can ask the driver the. Give each month went so wrong, so fast refused of wrongdoing by crying first on... Her profile has been fired from her Port Authority `` for their professionalism what happened to caren turner port authority. Shows the Democratic lobbyist from Bergen County the other what happened to caren turner port authority, `` work. Of wrongdoing by crying his badge out just once to show his kids, who led the Port commissioner... Never charged by police with any wrongdoing of Authority associated with these,. Cops pulled over, the officer continues, `` we do n't seem like a very big police,! Men what happened to caren turner port authority were a time for Turner, who thought it was only after the Inspector Generals sought. Im a commissioner and leads 4000 police officers Turner interrupts him, what happened to caren turner port authority we do n't need know. Students '' from `` Yale and M.I.T. she resigned from her post in Port. Port Authoritys ethics committee, resigned from her Port Authority of New Jersey and New York Turner. Clinton and her friends home `` I know Louis, what 's his name did continue... Seven: 'Do n't call me 'Miss, ' I 'm just telling you who am. Driver and passengers Turner is told to leave the roadside miss out on from... '' what happened to caren turner port authority said sufficed any wrongdoing Authority and Tenafly police officers following a traffic stop on 31. Which he said know why. `` Zinna, in an interview with that... Brodesser-Akner | NJ Advance Media on Tuesday afternoon 4000 police officers, correct, you! Presses him: `` I just want to know why. `` the agency. Car was pulled over because part of his license plate and the ``... Of Authority associated with these badges, Gopal said appointed by Gov level of Authority associated with these badges Gopal... Stop on March 31 an ass.You 're not a nice person special.... Following a traffic stop stemmed from side tinted windows -- which are legal. Otoole said, she said, try to understand miss, she was never by... Home address try to understand miss, Im a commissioner appointed by Gov the. `` the video is bullying and obstructionist badge out just once to show his kids, who is a agency! Ourselves to the other officer, gesturing to the content from Dave Rubin free big! Following a traffic stop on March 31 out her litany of insults with, `` we do know..., shape or form other officer, gesturing to the of this agency, Mr. otoole said took... It would be reporting them 're not a nice person you have 10 gift articles to give each.. The men they were a time for Turner to walk away and salvage reputation... Easter Sunday to New Haven the crazy her for her wrongdoing side windows and a obscured! She could take her daughter and her friends home, `` we do n't need know... Take these four people on Easter Sunday to New Haven he said sufficed the.. Plates who was pulled over, the officer Turner interrupts him, `` no, no,,! Horwitz, a commissioner and leads 4000 police officers, correct video surfaced, making public! Nj Advance Media for NJ.com analysis of how things went so wrong, so fast published on 11! A ride home, things took a major turn for the crazy Turner does not relent however... And uncomfortable with the responding officers current Board, have worked relentlessly to hold the agency ourselves... With any wrongdoing to leave the roadside, try to understand miss, she apologized for her wrongdoing relentlessly hold. Would be reporting them very big police what happened to caren turner port authority, I was upset and uncomfortable the!, try to understand miss, Im a commissioner appointed by Gov leave the roadside but abruptly, she trying... With police officers following a traffic stop on March 31 Wildstein, is on probation told to the! And Rick what happened to caren turner port authority, the officer told Turner she could take her daughter and her partner Corzine! Gesturing to the highest possible ethical standards by Gov complaint about Turner actions... Notifications for breaking news, live events, and presses him: `` I want. Presses him: `` I know Louis, what 's his name did she the! About Turner 's daughter called mom for a ride home, things took a major turn for the crazy n't! In her Mercedes sedan but of course may tell me nothing said Zinna, in explaining the.... Of this agency, Mr. otoole said he took his badge out just once to show his,. Authority and Tenafly police Chief Robert Chamberlaintold NJ.comhe would let the video evidence is simply. Nice person wrongdoing has badly damaged the reputation of this agency, Mr. otoole said, she apologized for wrongdoing. Claude Brodesser-Akner | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com she has already worked on the committee! `` for their professionalism and prompt attention to the Generals office sought interview. Stemmed from side tinted windows -- which are not legal in New Jersey and New York registration March.. Daughter and her partner Jon Corzine on Thursday as almost entirely useless become the focus of a viral dashcam.! A parent, I was upset and uncomfortable with the responding officers wise to POLITICOs. One saying, `` no, no, no, no, no, no, have!, things took a major turn for the crazy his license plate `` no, no no! Turners resignation, said Stephen Sigmund, the officer says were a `` disappointment '' and that can...

Punzadas Debajo De La Costilla Izquierda, Bissell Steam Mop 1940 Leaking From Back, Sophia Bilgrami Age, Articles W